- This event has passed.
“I want to come back to TNKR,” Track 1 re-matching orientation #1
June 8, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
One of the most delightful things about working with motivated North Korean refugees is that they track us down! We don’t recruit among refugees, it is all word-of-mouth.
Those refugees who have studied in the Teach North Korean Refugees Global Education Center (TNKR) before and left for whatever reason are really enthusiastic when they return!
* “I studied abroad in the USA, I gained confidence after studying in TNKR. I’m back, I want to study in TNKR again!”
* “I just got hired for a new job, I need help from TNKR!”
* “My tutors have all returned to their native countries. Can I come back to TNKR to study with new teachers?”
* “I took a break to have a child, I’m ready to study English again.”
June 8-9, TNKR will be holding a tutor recruitment weekend for tutors who want to tutor some of these motivated students. Whether if you are a professional certified teacher, just starting, or working in a new field and want to work with such motivated students, then this is your chance. TNKR is a self-directed study program for North Korean refugees, so these students already have an idea about what it is they want to study.
Tutor Recruitment Weekend, June 8 or 9, 2019, 2 pm
(Attend either recruitment session)
* June 23 “Re-Matching” session, from 2 pm (invitation-only)
* Gwangheungchang subway line 6, exit 4
* Apply at teachnorthkoreanrefugees.org/volunteer
* English immersion program
* Minimum twice a month, 90 minutes per session
* Not a social club or hangout opportunity.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar