- This event has passed.
North Korean refugee youth speech contest
November 2, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
For the third consecutive year, TNKR has been asked to recruit speech coach mentors for North Korean refugee youth competing in an English speech contest, this year on November 2 at the Padoga Tower in Chong-ro.
Basic expectations and information:
* Have enough free time to meet a student twice before November 1.
* Meet at an approved study or business center (cafes, only as a last resort) so the students can speak comfortably.
* Reimbursement for room costs (so keep all receipts and wait for the reimbursement process that is out of our hands).
* Go through the application process, have a phone call with TNKR staff.
* All speech coach mentors will be invited to attend the contest.
* Respect the privacy of the refugees participating in the process.
* This is NOT an official TNKR event, we will only be assisting refugee high school and college students getting prepared for the contest.
* TNKR co-founder Casey Lartigue will be one of the judges.
* When available, the TNKR office can also be used for mentoring sessions.
* We didn’t set the timeline, we are working with a much larger organization with its own timeline and process.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar